- Executive Education News
Asia Development Fellows - Leadership Training ProgrammePosted: Friday, 22 November 2013
Asia Development Fellows - Leadership Training ProgrammePosted: Friday, 22 November 2013The Asia Development Fellows program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia's critical development challenges. The year-long career advancement program draws on The Asia Foundation's extensive 18-country network and deep expertise working with innovative leaders and communities across the region.
The 2014 ADF Programme comprises of 5 components:
1. Leadership Training Programme (Singapore, 4-8 April 2014)
2. Workshop on Asian Development (The Philippines, 9-13 April 2014)
3. Leadership Dialogue and Exchange (USA, 7-19 September 2014)
4. Professional Development Award
5. Mentoring Programme
Asia Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation's fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2014;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on April 4-13 and September 7-19, 2014; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam.
Online application available. Deadline, including letters of recommendation is December 15, 2013. APPLY HERE.
Please CLICK HERE to read reports and publications on Asia Development Fellows.